All I have to say for this week is thank goodness for endless baseball games on Saturday mornings or I would not have time to tangle at all - and yes, I watch the game during critical moments, like when my player is at bat and playing first base, but I can still get something done. Here is my contribution to the Crux pile this week.
It is quite a large peice, most of the page of a drawing pad with some really terrible paper - I will not be drawing in this one again! I started this one a few weeks ago when I wanted to try the candy ribbon pattern and could not find my "real" book. I added the feathers part trying to work out the stone pattern I saw in St Louis and then there was a couple of big empty places left. When the Crux challenge came up this week I had to try it because it is such an awesome adaptable pattern, so I put it in one of those empty spaces. I decided to go big with it and I like the way it turned out, although I need to play with the shading some as I would like the two faceted petals on the top to really look like they bow upward from where they are pinned to the page by the four dark lobes and I am not getting that somehow.
The rest of these are ones that I have done over the last three weeks or so. One was for a challenge but it didn't get done in time and the other two were just relaxing a bit and trying some things out.
This one is working a bit on the bean pattern I posted about in my last post.
These Betweeds look a bit like delta wing kites which is how they ended up with clouds and a sun.
This was another exploration of the candyribbons pattern.
Well, I have a million pages to either edit or write and several chapters to read and do on-line questions and quizes on and I am going to training next week as well so I should go! See you the next time I get to catch my breath!