Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally progress on the design wall!

Yea! I have some progress to show on the design wall today! I have been finishing up the blocks for the crumb quilt and finalized the layout of the main body of the quilt and decided on a border treatment. I can't wait to start sewing the body together! First I am trying to finish up more of the 4" blocks I need for the border. This is what the layout looks like so far.


The final 8" block and a few 4" I will add to my next post about Art Every Day (I have some catching up to do!). I can see the light at the end of the crumb tunnel... although I can't say that I'm all together happy about that. There is something about these little blocks that are SO fun to make!  Maybe I'll try to lead a class on it or something... it does seem to be catching on!  It will be a releif to get it off the wall and out into the natural light to get a decent photo of it! Hop on over to Patchwork Times to see what else is going on design wall-wise this week in blog-land.

2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt so far. I'm in the process of making some crumb blocks myself--two different colorways. I love the bright sparks of yellow in with all the blues and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crumb blocks never have to end. After this one is finished, just keep on crumbing as the mood strikes. It might be hard to improve on this one though. It's looking so good.

    ReplyDelete