Monday, November 28, 2011

What's on my wall today?

There isn't much new on my wall, but there is a lot on my to do list! While I was gone on vacation I did manage to finish appliqueing the Grandmother's Flower Garden doll quilt body to the borders I whipped together before we left. I think it will be bound in green and I need to come up with something for the backing so I can start quilting it.

We were gone snorkeling and having ocean adventures for 7 days and had a great time. Lots of pattern inspiration for both fabric and Zentangle and maybe next week I can layout all the batique fabric I have been saving up for my coral and fish quilt that I am planning in my head and feature it in a Design Wall post. I still have to finish my Hearts of Gold crumb quilt too, along with a few other Christmas presents. Word on the street is that my daughter will be asking Santa for a new dress for her rag doll that I made her last year so this little elf better get busy! For more of what other quilters are up to this week head on over to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

Later this week I hope to post a few of those new zentangle-ish patterns inspired from my travels. Of course, I will also be checking out the weekly challenge over at The Diva's site and trying to lay my hands on a actual Zen Tangle Tile so I can participate in the Red String Challenge. Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eden - I really like your GFG quilt, especially with the whole hexies. Did you leave the blue as a whole pice or trim it out behind the hexies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lucky little girl to get that quilt
    Ann

    ReplyDelete