Thursday, November 3, 2011

Art Every Day #3

So far so good with Art Every Day Month. I did some hand sewing on the hexie project I showed yesterday a bit today and did a couple of tangles while on the phone and sitting at the table with my daughter who wanted to draw/paint (if I don't sit there other things besides paper become her canvas... table cloth, skin... you get the picture). Not much new to show on the hexie project, but the tangles turned out OK. This one was inspired by one of the entries into the Punzel challenge over at I am the Diva a couple weeks ago. I had flipped through the slide show (here) and saw a take on it that made an impression. This version is still a bit awkward, but it would improve in its general line if I did it again I think.


Then I got really carried away with my paints. I do really like the direction this one is going in. It is more the style I would like to achieve in the range and type of tangles used. I may fiddle with the color a bit more and add some pencil shading, or I might do another one and start from scratch! I am using Peerless Transparent water colors and I love them! The background around Purk came from another visual impression from browsing the internet today. The Enthusiastic Artist posted her AEDM post for today which included this tangle, Jalousie. It came from yet another Zentangler, Stephanie Kukla. What WOULD we do for inspiration without the internet!

That is all for today. We shall see what tomorrow brings (and Saturday should be great since I have a 3.5 hour time slot to fill while I wait for my son to finish his Saturday enrichment class!). Catch you later.

4 comments:

  1. Wow they are two really beautiful pieces of tangle goodness. That top one is so full of movement... love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the braided effect in the top design. You are really going gangbusters with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOh! Love the painted Zen Tangle~ awesome! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) Happy AEDM ^_^

    ReplyDelete