Friday, June 20, 2014

Duo Tanglein' Mooka and Auraknot

Love the two tangles in this week's Diva challenge so I had to play with them some. Of course I could not find my drawing stuff for about 4 days (turns out it was in a car that I wasn't driving this week) and I am heavily into the second week of trying to cover a semester's worth of General Chemistry in 5 weeks so I am a little busy relearning electron structure and molecular notation and bonding and... ugh. I am glad I have seen all this material before, albeit 20+ years ago or I think I might be totally overwhelmed!
However... I did play a little in the car notebook while I waited at baseball practice on Monday and I managed a few minutes here and there, including a couple of hours while at the pool after all day in class last night. Despite the wet spots on the paper from kids jumping in the pool a little more enthusiastically that I thought, I think it came out well...

This one is the result of playing on the only paper I had in the car at baseball practice on Monday. There is a little girl there also waiting on a player in practice that will come and watch over my shoulder as I draw for a long time. She won't try it herself... I have offered, but she will stand there and watch. My own children don't even bat an eye anymore!



This last one is from last week. I was playing with trying to develop a pattern from the photo of the feather texture in stone from my last post. Then I got busy with school work and pretty much stopped doing anything but that. Speaking of which... there are many on-line modules of electron configuration and bonding that I have to finish by Sunday, so I think I will sign off. Have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. Like the weighting of some of the lines and the shading. Really gives dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the first one is really gorgeous!!! I like the contrast in the last one. Success with all the learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tangles, Eden. I love the Duotangle you've done... and identify with your words about your kids not being interested any more....and the second one is really lovely - like the stony feathers! Good luck with that revision - so glad it's not me! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting post, Eden. I am so impressed with your schedule. Good luck with your studies, and your future students are going to be a lot of very lucky kids. Your Tangles are extremely delightful. All of them. The legal pad quickie drawing is a dandy. All three pieces have wonderful shading. Your Mookas all look like ornate wrought iron work, and you AuraKnot has a wonderful shape. The layers in the arms are continuous bands, with a bit of separation at the tips on some of them. Very nice touch, I like your style very much. Good luck with everything, and may the force be with you, in spades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Work! I just love when kids take an interest in Tangling - maybe someday, your little friend will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found time in you busy schedule for some tangling. Your work is beautiful! I also hope that your little friend will one day give it a try!

    ReplyDelete