Saturday, June 28, 2014

Redux-Revisit-Rediscover

Very short post this week... Diva challenge was to revisit an old favorite in a new way. Time has been very short this week but the opportunity to revisit a favorite was too much! I love Betweed, it is one of my all time favorites. I did have a hard time deciding what to change or do differently... So this is what is different... I used a round string - I have never used a round tile because I draw in a book and I don't usually use the round shape by itself and I have never used this tangle in a circle before AND I used a very soft pencil (4B) and a paper blender to do the shading which is different for me AND I rounded the corners which is what is called for in the 'directions' but I never do it because I usually like the sharp crisp points. I also threw some Black Pearls in there, more or less how I usually do them. I like it, but it is maybe not as different and exploratory as I could have gotten.





I did play around ealrier in the week doing some trials of Betweed and Mooka (another favorite) and a pattern I am breaking down from a beaded trim I saw a few months ago. This ribbon-ized version of Betweed has some interesting potential but I was not really satisfied and had limited time to explore further. I think I will laminate the Mooka corner and use it as a book mark or on a card and I need to figure out if that bead pattern is similar to anything else I have seen out there... I like it's potential. Cheers! I have to go finish a take-home midterm exam before heading out to help commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Kennesaw Mountain by helping to place a luminaria bag for each of the 3400 soldiers on both sides who died this month 150 years ago in the campaign for Atlanta back in 1864!


8 comments:

  1. Like the Betweed and the shading. The black pearls give it some elegance. The bead work reminds of a variation of a tangle the name of which escapes me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Wish I could get beweed to look so elegant,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Betweed accompanied by the black orbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very beautiful....(awesome pause) ...very. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely. I'm new to Zentangle and recently did my first tangle with Betweed. Boy howdy, do I need a little practice with that one. I love looking at others' handiwork to learn from them. Thanks for the elegant example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful. I love the shading. Your betweed is elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betweed in the Round with Shading, Awesome, Sharla Hicks

    ReplyDelete