Wednesday, April 18, 2012

seeing auras...

The Zentangle challenge this week over at The Diva is to use aura's in your tangling... so I sat down and tried a few different things. So many of the patterns have auras built in and so many of the ones that don't do not lend themselves to including them so it was harder than I thought it would be. Here are the two best and a third that was more of a chance to play with a cool new tangle pattern I found several weeks ago, Mi2 that has aura-like lines incorporated in it already.

I like this one pretty well, although I find myself getting stuck on tangles that form a line lately.  I was a little free in my interpritation of 'an aura' in the one case... it leaked out into swirls and loops and ended and began at will.  Florz with an aura really changes the focus and usual appearance of the pattern.


In this one the 'Nzeppel is the most effected by the aura I think, again changing the whole appearance. The Sanibelle is interesting with the single aura and I really like the boxy look of the Hollibaugh with the auras - it looks mechanical and jittery. 


This was me playing with Mi2. I had lots of fun with the swirlies on the side. 

9 comments:

  1. wow! i love the last one! just gorgeous! i like all the curly endings - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fastinating where did you get started? Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful patterns you used have given this challenge wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful tiles, your choice of tangles is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. They are so beautiful. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those 'leaf type' things in your first tile. they look really cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all really really stunning. I can't decide which one I like best.... maybe all of them. 'Specially love your spiral in the second, your puff in the first, and your Mi2 in the third...

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very nice.... and so different from one another. Creative variations.

    ReplyDelete