Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wow, actual progress!

I have actual progress to report on projects that existed before this week! How novel!  We will not mention that one of them was started the week before last... let's just focus on the forward movement, shall we.

This week I have... worked more on the New York Beauty block set that I started... well, I said we weren't going to talk about that. I think I know what direction I am going in now and have a sort of layout plan in my head. Here they are...I like the identical blocks opposite from each other and the same block patterns with different colors pieced together, I think it gives it some 'order'. I still have to play with the layout and figure out where I need to go from here, but I think this will be the general idea. I also decided to slow down, do one block at a time and the curved piecing has been going better. I think I just got excited and was trying to rush through. 

While piecing those I have been working on the HST UFO from ages ago. I think I have all the blocks I need plus a few. I need to shuffle them about and find the final balance and then I can sew them together.


I have also been working on the second to last blocks of my Tweets applique again. I have some leaves left to make, but everything else is made and glue basted and I am well into stitching many of the elements. No picture of this one, sorry. Maybe next week when I have the leaves finished.

So those are works in progress this week. I am stoked to be making progress again!  Now I need to actually, you know QUILT a flimsy once in a while! Check out other people's progress for the week over at Freshly Pieced.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your NYBs. They look fantabulous!!! I have to get to doing this week's yet. Maybe that's what I'll do tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your NYB. I may have to try one someday soon.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete